An Indian Sari - A Modern Dress With Authentic References
When it comes to looking for an Indian sari, you want to be able to rely on a trustworthy source.
Because we have many years of experience in buying and selling saris, we are committed to promoting these fine garments to the rest of the world.
We are especially anxious to appeal to western women and designers who are looking for new and different fabrics to expand their creativity.
That’s why this web site is dedicated to informing the world about the sari and its various uses, aside from the traditional use by women in India.
The Indian-style Sari is a traditional dress that dates back to 2800-1800 B.C. Hindu culture was against wearing any clothing that was pierced with a needle, because they believed it to be impure. Therefore they used rectangular, six yards of woven, cotton cloth to create what is known as the sari.
Genuine Indian Saris
The sari is unique, because one size fits all, it can be used to hide a figure or to accentuate the woman's figure. In addition, the sari allows women to dance freely, while maintaining their modesty.
Eventually silk and other threads were also used, because the cotton saris were too plain. Using the other threads allowed for more unique designs.
Traditional Symbolism of Saris
If you need consultation on sari fabric types, selection designs, colors for various events and weddings, you have come to the right place.
The Indian sari is not just clothing; it carries significant meanings and symbolism in the form of designs and colors.
Did you know, for instance, that the paisley and fish are common designs that represent fertility, but can also stand for the abundance of food and children? These patterns were mostly abundant near the coastal regions, where the people survived on a main diet of fish.
You are probably familiar with the fact that in India, the elephant symbolizes fertility, wealth, good luck, royalty, and water. The elephant also illustrates the God Ganesh who is the remover of obstacles.
With attention to the traditional meanings and symbolism in Indian Sari design we can help you find the right fabric that will make you shine and make a fashion statement.
Need Color Advice?
You can of course select any color you like or use the colors that make you look your best on any occasion. Feel free however, to reach out and ask for our advice if you want to learn about their symbolism.
In a traditional sense, the color red is a sign of valor and stands for the warrior. Currently, it can also signify sexual and emotional implications and is worn by most Indian brides.
The yellow sari is believed to be the color of religion. Typically, new mothers will wear yellow saris for a week after the birth of their child. Additionally, Indian brides and grooms are usually covered in a yellow paste for their wedding.
Traditionally green saris were worn by the merchant classes, but they have become popular amongst Muslims. Many Muslim brides wear this color.
Blue was associated with the working class (weavers, artisans, and farmers), because high caste Hindus thought that the fermentation process of this color was impure.
White is viewed as the pure color, so it is generally worn during rituals and for mourning.
Although in today's world, the sari is more of a fashion statement, the traditional meanings and symbolism are still important to know. It is impressive for a type of clothing to survive and thrive for such a long period of time. As time goes on the sari only becomes more and more important to the tradition and culture of Indian heritage.
Because the tradition of the Indian sari and its intricate hand-woven cotton and silk fabrics date back over a few millennium and are a fundamental part of Indian cultural heritage, we are dedicated to promoting the use of authentic sari and sari fabrics for both formal and casual wearing as fine furnishings and décor.
It is our mission to help sustain and support this tradition by encouraging the Indian to wear the sari and introduce to the world the timeless beauty of sari and sari fabrics.
Genuine Gold jewelry – Information and Unique Design!
Genuine Gold jewelry – Beauty and Wealth!
- Indian Saris - Highlights and Snippets
- Indian Saris highlights and snippets page and get inspired to take the major decision to drape a sari!
- Sarees - Hot Snippets
- Sarees highlights and snippets page and get inspired to take the major decision to drape a sari!
- Sari History Trough the Ages
- An overall view on sari history
- Sari Fabric For Every Occasion
- Different beautiful effects can be obtained according to the sari fabric used. Every occasion has its own social rules with the sari fabric and style that is most appropriate
- Fancy Sarees Can Have Many Uses
- The possibilities to use fancy sarees for other uses than just a beautiful dress are endless. Use your imagination as we give you some suggestions to start with
- Designer Sarees Offer Unique Style and Elegance to Women Everywhere
- Go traditional and beyond with our designer sarees that surprise every one around you with a mixture of both modern and traditional colors, fabrics and patterns
- A Wedding Sari For That Special Occasion
- Nothing less than the best wedding sari is appropriate for your big day. We can help in choosing the right combinations of color, pattern, style and complements
- Saree Blouse - A Must Have Complement
- A quality saree blouse can complement the saree dress in a way that elevates your attraction factor to new heights
- Exquisite Silk Sarees Can Help You Look Your Very Best
- Go for the best and the most elegant with our unique silk sarees. People will turn their heads and look for a second time when true beauty passes by
- Kanchipuram silk sarees - Indian Cultural Master Piece
- What sets Kanchipuram silk sarees apart from others is the use of heavy silk for weaving, the use of bold and bright colours, generous use of gold and silver thread.
- Silk Saree - Know About the Different Types
- Each region is unique in producing different types of silk sari. Following are the major and popular type of silk saree.
- Designer Saree - The new era of Saree Designers
- Each designer saree is the outcome of the dream of the best sari designers and the artwork of the artists and most designer saris are handmade.
- Saree Fabric - Great Ideas on Non-Attire Uses
- Apart from being used as attire, saree fabric can be used for various fruitful purposes. Following are the good and great ideas on non-attire and new uses of saree silk.
- Saree Navel and Attraction
- Get that extra attention with a saree navel type dress. It is stylish, attractive and at the same time has a long tradition in and around Indian culture
- Sari below navel - Enhance your beauty and grace.
- . Let us see briefly about the method of draping a sari below navel, which is more also called low hip or low waist sari.
- Sari - A New Outlook for Modern Indian Women
- Sari is the perfect choice of attire for every modern Indian women and an Indian woman can never go wrong with a perfectly draped Saree
- Net Saree – The Charismatic Attire for All Sexy Women
- Saree just defines the magnificence, beauty and glam of a woman and brings out the grace and charm. Constant change in the world of fashion has made a dramatic revolution in form of a net sari.
- Half Saree - The Return of Old Tradition
- The traditional half saree, was originally worn by young unmarried village belles who had just entered puberty in the south of India, namely, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
- How to Wear a Sari
- How to wear a sari depends on the style, tradition and occasion you are preparing for. A sari is a versatile piece of clothing, suitable even in our modern societies
- Indian Sarees - The Art of Weaving.
- There are several families that have been working as weavers for generations, where weaving of Indian sarees support their living as well as their only and primary source of income.
- Silk sari - Tips and Ideas to Preserve Saree
- Tips and ideas to preserve your precious silk sari.
- Saree Pics - Picture Yourself In A Saree!
- A online collection of saree pics for you.
- Saree Gallery
- Saree Gallery - a collection of saree pictures
- Saree store - Understanding the Indian Women Psyche
- A good saree store would have to avail the services of best salesmen who are adept at handling with women and understand the female psyche.
- Sari Curtain
- Various sari curtain design for sale.
- Sari Pillow
- Get sari pillow making ideas here.
- Saree Sari News - Latest News About Saree
- Saree Sari news - the easiest way to stay up-to-date with the latest news, trends and articles published around the world.
- A Sexy Saree - Get Daring and Trendy!!!
- A Sexy saree is the answer to the trendy needs of this breed of youngsters who has no qualms with flaunting their size-zero figures give a whole new dimension to this piece of outfit.
- Transparent Saree - Add Spice to Your Style!!
- A trendy, transparent saree can make a woman look groovy and chic since they typify class and sophistication.
- Indian Sari Fabric - About Us
- Our Indian Sari Fabric website offers information and products for an audience the world over. Here is a little information about who's behind this site.
- The Indian Sari Contact Page
- On this page you can contact us directly to get your specific questions answered, in a timely fashion
- Fancy Indian Sari Blog
- Never miss the latest fancy Indian sari news and updates with our fancy Indian sari blog.
- Indian Sari Dress - Links
- Important and related Indian sari dress links.